Current State of Endgame play.,,

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Current State of Endgame play.,,

Post  Nova on Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:10 pm

Currently the state of the endgame of RAoC is rather lacking. Right now, as an avid player, I have been left with two options: farming Magma Rocks in Brimstone Caverns or Realm Point Tokens in Darkness Falls. Even though I am a pve-player at heart, this does get old after awhile...especially when I've farmed so many magma rocks that they now just sit in my inventory. Since, currently, realm point tokens do not seem to be dropping in Darkness Falls, my only option left is to sit online and hope enough people come online to go and do the Champion Weapons Quest. However, the one time we had a sizable group, six of us, we wiped twice and decided to do something else instead. I have a couple simple suggestions that could make endgame in RAoC far more interesting:
1) Make the frontiers keeps Renegade--Have them respawn guards and the commander every half hour or so, and make each guard worth 3000? realm points and the commander worth 20000 or so. Currently these keeps are friendly and we are unable to attack them.
2) Consider making Darkness Falls a PvP zone. Not only will this attract more players to the server (if you advertise the pvp), but it will add an interesting aspect to the farming of realm point tokens.
3) Make the champion weapon quest duo or trio friendly. With the current server population, a full group is only going to happen once every couple days at best. If you make the quest easier, more people will want to group up. To offset the ease of the final boss and the mobs previous to him, maybe make the amount of mobs needed to get to him slightly more.
4) Events, events, events...The one time I have seen an event on this server, about 10 people more than the usual amount were logged on to compete for the prize. If you have a GM devoted to making events happen more frequently, the server population will go up.
5) Maybe add something custom that most other servers don't offer. Since this is mostly going to be a pve server, there are some things you can do to give players an advantage that most other servers cannot without upsetting balance. Maybe consider doubling spec points or hit points, something that just adds something new and different that people will want to try.

It's not to say that the server is doing a poor job, it's just that the fun shouldn't have to stop when you hit 50, it should be just beginning...

Just some food for thought--

Nova

Nova

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Current State of Endgame play.,,

Post  Zarrik on Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:30 pm

Thank you Nova, I do like some of these suggestions so I will talk with the other Admins and see if we can make the endgame gameplay funner.

Admin

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Leinaf on Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:03 pm

From what I understand, the RP tokens are supposed to drop in New Frontiers, not in Darkness Falls, at least from my experience on the official PvE server.

Have you tried any of the Trials of Atlantis events, in particular some of the smaller group artifacts. There's a lot of potential content over there for endgame too.

Eventually I'll be at the endgame state too, in fact, it shouldn't be too long, seeing as how I'm already 37.

Leinaf

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top